Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pimps Up, Women Down - A Must Read

Okay, here is a great and I am sure plenty of others are out there, article on that shuster guy. Let me say as a man. I don't this misogyny crap at all. I don't know where or how to hang a handle on this so I can grab it and throw it.

Who are these men who think it manly to be this way? I once was talking about dubbed anime, I know your thinking anime so its all like juvenile portrayals of females, right. Don't generalize. So in this one that was sweet and nice, and on top of that a girls adventure. In the dubbed in English version they made her and all the other girls to be rather snippy and short with everyone. So to question of did they do this. Some guy replies "I don't know, have you ever worked around women..." So I am gonna say this crap makes no sense what so ever.

Is Misogyny the Last Taboo?

But the one moment that sill sticks in my throat happened quite a while ago. On November 12, 2007, a McCain supporter asked, "How do we beat the bitch?" Laughter erupted among the crowd and McCain joined in. After a few moments, he replied, "That is an excellent question." Then, he went on to say that he respected Senator Clinton.

Oh really?

If so, McCain should have been shocked and admonished his supporter by replying, "That's not the way we speak about women, and certainly it's wrong to use such language when discussing a distinguished Senator campaigning for the presidency. " But that wasn't his response.

Imagine, for a moment, if he had been asked, "How do we beat the N word?" referring to Senator Obama. Everyone would have gasped, including the Senator himself. He wouldn't have laughed and he would not have said it was an "excellent question."


And another thing nobody puts themselves out there for this kind of thing. That includes actors as well. If you can't talk about what a person is doing without resorting to cheap side swipe comments. Then you are just an ass.

No comments: