Tuesday, February 05, 2008

250.00 Dollars In Damage!


Not really. I was spared two fiddy do to my, I have it on my get around to putting it on my things to do list, list. Which ain't a list but, it's the thought that counts. Right? A few years ago when DSL arrived in my area it didn't work on the house lines. As mentioned before da cost was high to have the phone company fix it. So I had it rigged to go straight from the interface box to the DSL bridge thingy. BTW, there ain't MOdulating and DEModulating going on so...

So this garbage truck smacks the utility pole with all the junk leading to the house on it. I heard it but didn't get to see it oh, and I also felt the vibrations. But, they tell me it was quite the light show.

But get this. DSL worked just fine. Voice gone. Power not a blink. I know the really interesting picture is where the pole was hit but I am too lazy after shoveling snow to go take it. Anyway phone dude comes out and the conversation I knew coming happens.

It's real simple. I used a filter to split the phone line from the service into one going to the wall jacks. And the other, unfiltered, going to the DSL thingy. Now at one time we had two phone lines. Let me say this, getting DSL is no reason to go one phone line. The box is a bit of a mess with a stray noise filter left inside. And I always had the thing slightly jacked open since the DSL filter is kinda big.

Thing is we had people out here before now about stuff and nobody said wut up wit dat line sticking out the window. But this guy took the time to find out what was what. And it turned out to be in the interface box. Now to get 'round to the window repair...

No comments: